Saturday, May 24, 2008

floor planner: 4022 denison

4022 denison -- I didn't realize what a unique structure we had over here in Brooklyn Centre/Archwood-Denison until I started trying to draw the floor plan, using something called Floor Planner. I needed to figure how the air-conditioning would be allocated this summer.

We understand that our plan may be a knockoff of one of the old Sears craftsman bungalow models. It was designed to grow and change as a family would grow and changed, and as earnings and needs for space increased. It's a very sensible approach to housing from the turn of the last century. Various records say our place was built in 1907 and/or 1911.

This is a work in progress. I did the initial work "freehand," and now I'll go tweak the drawing using actual measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment