Friday, September 22, 2006

wearing wool

I just realized that my calendar says it's all right to drag the wool clothes out of the closet, this being the first day of autumn, and I have. There's an article here about a resurgence of interest in wool over synthetics, but for myself, I've never strayed far with much satisfaction. For me, nothing else gives comparable long-term value.

Today, it's as though I've discovered a whole new wardrobe, which I will try to wear to pieces up through Easter and even towards Memorial Day. I'll have to check on what the fashion police say are the actual date demarkation lines, so as not to offend or commit sartorial suicide. I guess it's also time for another viewing of Serial Mom, just to remind myself of how important this all is.

2 comments:

  1. Serial Mom...lol. I'm sure she would be fine with whatever you wear, Tim, as long as you recycle your trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tim--

    We did watch the movie again last weekend, and I saw lots of new things--it was better than ever, warmed over and reingested. (I have to watch my phrasing here--reminds me of the road-kill joke about the two bums and the hot meal.) Our girls are fond of the movie because it reminds them of their own mom, but Gloria really doesn't know how to take it all. The girls and I, we just know...and we try to stay on her good side.

    ReplyDelete