Monday, September 11, 2006

So, when do we start retaining phone conversations?

E-Mail Retention: The High Cost of Digging Up Data--This to me is a fascinating story of the need for a clearcut policy and procedure for the retention of email in all businesses at all levels. The bigger businesses are, the harder it is to get a handle on it. Think of the ramifications--the opportunities, the liabilities, the potential cost, and the potential cost savings. I'm just hoping that we don't start keeping voice messages, and then voice conversations, any time in the near future. The upshot of it all is that I, personally, am making a concerted effort to talk face to face as much as possible. All my internet capabilities have taken me back to up close and personal communication for all the important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment