Monday, August 21, 2006

replying to our senator's weaseling answer to the net neutrality issue

I'm sharing this reply of mine. if anybody thinks I'm being unfair or off-base, please say so. I'm not terribly confident in this guy any more.

Senator DeWine--

I just got this email reply from you concerning net neutrality and find it vague and unsatisfying. It sounds to me like you're getting set to conspire to hijack something that is not yours in the first place, but I can't be sure because you are noncommittal.

Please speak plainly.

As someone who's your age, a fellow registered Republican and a former infantry officer from the period during which you were in law school, I'm doing that for you, and I expect you to reciprocate.

Where exactly do you stand as my representative on the issue of defending our net neutrality?

****************************************************************
Dear Tim:


Thank you for contacting me about our Nation's broadband infrastructure. I appreciate knowingyour views on this issue.

As you may know, on May 1, 2006, the communications, Consumer's Choice, and Broadband Deployment Act of 2006, was introduced in the Senate and is now pending before the Senate Commerce Committee. This bill addresses universal service reform, streamlining of the video franchising process, interoperability of public safety communications systems, and municipal broadband ownership, among other things. This bill also would require the FCC to report annually to Congress on issuers surrounding Internet neutrality.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me anytime

Very respectfully yours,
MIKE DeWINE
United States Senator
RMD/pf

Disclaimer: The email account that this message originated from does not accept inbound messages, therefore please send all electronic correspondence through our webform located at:
http://dewine.senate.gov.

P.S.--I've made this an open letter and posted it to my blogsite at http://timferris.blogspot.com/

1 comment: