Friday, April 27, 2007

another plus from The Cleveland Leader: Plus the Magic Dragon Saves Downtown Cleveland

The Cleveland Leader -- Eugene's blogspace doesn't allow for comments, so I'll have to give him a big "Plus you very much" over here, at my place. His idea may seem sort of off the wall, but Singapore does something like this using RFID technology: It gives money or credits to people coming into Singapore in cars during off hours but takes money or credits from people using cars in Singapore during times of high congestion. It rewards use of public transit somehow, as well.

Perhaps then our sentry at the gateways to the city can be called Plus the Magic Dragon. Plus giveth, and Plus taketh away--you get the incentive, and then the traffic cameras strip you of the incentive, plus. Perhaps Plus can even be made out of retrofitted traffic cameras, plus. The possibilities are boundless--which means "not plusless." Get with the program. Get behind it. Tell people you're from The Big Plus.

I think I'm liking this new Cleveland+ campaign--I'm far from nonplussed.

Have you stopped to think, too, that "plus" can be the local verbal tic of the new milennium, replacing other verbal tics like "y'know," "really," "you see what I'm saying," "man," "at the end of the day," and the many permutations and combinations of the f-word, as in a takeoff on my old drill sergeant's "out-plussing-standing."

Plus you!

Plus me. Plus me dead!

Don't write off the Cleveland+ campaign. There's a certain perverse magic there.

Let's have some fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment