Wednesday, April 12, 2006

cleveland.com: Weblogs#130453--Slouching slowly toward Time Warner

cleveland.com: Weblogs#130453: "Time Warner Cable, which already had a dominant presence in Akron, has agreed to absorb Comcast's cluster. All told, about 465,000 cable subscribers currently with Adelphia or Comcast would be switched to Time Warner.

At the time of the deal, the three companies had said they expected the acquisition to take nine to 12 months to close. In today's statement, Adelphia Chairman and CEO William Schleyer said it is now 'essential that we complete the sale of the company's assets by July 31.'"


I'm glad I didn't hold my breath, but I'll be grateful when it happens. I hear the cable internet service I have with Adelphia, while not bad at all right now, will be definitely super under Time Warner.

No comments:

Post a Comment